What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. Examples of personal data The Brand Coach Ltd may hold about the Client include contact and appointment details.
Who are we?
Who are we? Deborah O’Grady is the data controller at The Brand Coach Ltd; 6 Huby Park, Huby, North Yorkshire, LS17 0EE. Email: [email protected] This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Whose information does this privacy notice apply to?
This privacy notice applies to information The Brand Coach Ltd collect from:
● Prospective clients
● Former clients
● Visitors to our website
What we collect and how
The type of information The Brand Coach Ltd collect about the Client include:
● Your name(s).
● Your contact details such as telephone number(s) and email address(es).
● The purpose of your contact
● Any company documentation provided Data is collected when a user registers, purchases or uses our services, completes a contact form, a contract, signs up to a newsletter and/or answers and provides a completed questionnaire
What we do with the information we collect.
The Brand Coach Ltd use this information to understand the Client needs and provide the Client with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
● Internal record keeping; account set up and administration
● To improve our services
● To deliver marketing communications
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the purposes set out above. The Brand Coach Ltd uses your name, address, telephone number and email address along with any company documentation provided. This information is stored on Dropbox, which means this data is transferred out of the EU to the US both covered by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. The Brand Coach Ltd are unable to send or receive encrypted emails so the Client should be aware that any emails sent or received may not be protected in transit. The Brand Coach Ltd will also monitor any emails received, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that the Client has a responsibility to ensure that any email sent to The Brand Coach Ltd is within the bounds of the law.
Website users (all data collected electronically)
When someone visits The Brand Coach Ltd website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. The Brand Coach Ltd do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way that does not identify anyone. The Brand Coach Ltd does not make and does not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting The Brand Coach Ltd website. If The Brand Coach Ltd does want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. The Brand Coach Ltd uses website cookies to improve the user experience of our website by enabling our website to ‘remember’ users, either for the duration of their visit – using a ‘session cookie’ – or for repeat visits – using a ‘persistent cookie’. The website search is powered by WordPress. Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by us or any third party. The BrandCoach Ltd uses third party services from iThemes Security Pro and IP Geo Blocker to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website. The Brand Coach Ltd uses a third-party service, WordPress, to host our website including publishing our blog. This site is hosted at Site Ground and Kajabi. The Brand Coach Ltd uses a Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example, the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it. Site Ground and Kajabi requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address. For more information about how Google processes data, please see: https://policies.google.com/privacy and for Facebook please see https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy.
Sharing your personal data
The Brand Coach Ltd does not and will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to others. We never disclose information about a customer to any other person or organisation without your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The Brand Coach Ltd keeps your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. We keep payment records for 6 years due to HMRC regulations, after that time we shred these records. Facebook Pixel is automatically deleted after 28 days. Google Analytics is automatically deleted after 14 months, the minimum amount of time and then every month thereafter. Personal data such as phone numbers & email addresses are kept on iCloud and Dropbox.
If Deborah O’Grady becomes incapacitated due to illness or death an executor has been instructed to inform all current clients and delete all digital records. At any time the Client may request that changes are made to your contact details.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, the Client has certain rights with respect to your personal data as set out below;
● The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
● The right to request the correction of any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
● The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for such data to be retained.
● The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. This right does not apply where we are processing information using a lawful purpose other than consent.
● The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [This right only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and in either case we are processing the data by automated means].
● The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
● The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [This right only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics].
● The right to be informed if your data is lost. We shall also inform the Information Commissioner’s Office in accordance with the time limits in the GDPR.
● The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further details about these rights please see the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
If The Brand Coach Ltd wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then The Brand Coach Ltd will provide the Client with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, The Brand Coach Ltd will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at The Brand Coach Ltd, 6 Huby Park, Huby, North Yorkshire, LS17 0EE. You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
END OF PRIVACY NOTICE